I was poking around Tatertots & Jello yesterday and found this featured tutorial from mama says sew for a gorgeous lampshade. I took a drum shade from a lamp that will go into my newly revamped den (that I'm not finished with yet) and with my hot glue gun, a couple yards of burlap and When Harry Met Sally (on last night) whipped up this:
Mine is less ruffley than Terra's and I trimmed the top & bottom a little. It was fun to make while watching TV and a quick project. It was MESSY though with all the little pieces flying around. I'm sure using a different fabric would be a cleaner process but I love the texture of burlap.
I did one thing different from the tutorial mainly because I was being lazy with getting the iron out.
Instead of ironing the creases in the strips I just rolled them up like this with a pin. By the time I needed that strip it had a good crease in it. This was probably not so time efficient - rolling them up, but, whatever, I was just sitting there watching TV so I didn't mind it.
Little less of a wave.
I painted the metal part with ORB to freshen it up a bit.
Again, it's going in the den and I can't wait to show you that room when it's finished!
I'm linking to these parties and I'm going to get some ice cream now! Hope you guys have a fun weekend & thanks for coming by!