Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A couple of wreaths, a couple of books

Like almost everyone else in bloggerville, I have created my share of wreaths.  I made a new sheet music wreath last night (copied Miss Mustard Seed's). I ripped the sheet into fourths, so this one is a littler smaller.  I'm hanging this on an old window in the hallway. I don't know about you guys, but I have a hard time just sitting and watching TV, so this was fun to do while catching up on my TiVo'd shows.

love it!


While I was at it, I carved up a couple of paperbacks.  I was digging through my home magazine stash and found a Country Living with these in them and gave it a try. 


 I think they're fun and if you get tired of it just get rid of them.  Disposable decor!

Last year I made my sister this gigantic book wreath.  I didn't mean for it to be so big, but it kinda got out of control.  I've learned to show a little more restraint since then.
 
 I have just accepted the fact that my pictures are going to be shoddy at times until I get a fancy-schmancy camera.
 
means Happiness in French 
 
I stamped gold stars with a smidge of glitter on the tips.
 
And this is the back.  

I can't believe we're almost to Halloween.  I don't really decorate for anything other than Christmas, so it's been fun looking at what everyone else has going on.  Am I the only one that is too lazy to decorate for each holiday/season?

I'm Hookin' Up with HOH.  Lots of projects over there!


TTFN,


10 comments:

  1. You're wreath is adorable. I tried to make one but my first attempt didn't come out quite right. I must try again. I also have a hard time just watching TV! It drives my husband nuts that I can't just focus on the show. And interestingly I was going through my mag stash recently and noted the same book vases. We must be living parallel lives!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh a detailed tutorial on the carved out paperbacks. I adore them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you carve the book into a vase? With a Dremel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your paperbacks are awesome! I too would love to see a tutorial on how you made these!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm with Laura, a tutorial on the carved out book would be awesome! I love each of your book masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so want to make one of those wreaths..I need to get on it. And I think your huge wreath is just right.
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those vases are awesome. So neat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are cute! & that looks like the book I taught myself French with lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those book "vases" are my next project. Seriously. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

    I made a book wreath for our craft day I had to teach at church, but yours turned out way cuter! I did an accordian-type fold, so maybe next time rolling is the way to go? Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a comment? Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...