Mom picked this chandelier up for me last year for $20 at Lowe's. They have the best clearance! I liked the shape but it was a little too fussy, so I simplified the design a little.
I painted it black at first but it looked too flat, so I repainted it with Oil Rubbed Bronze. ORB gave it a nice sheen & some dimension.
This is what it originally looked like. I used pliers to remove the leaves & sanded down any rough places left behind. I still have the crystals & will use them in another project, I'm sure.
I love the dripping wax look on socket sleeves but couldn't find any, so I made my own. I used hot glue and dripped it down the plain white plastic ones, then painted them a soft white.
(Aww man, the guy on the left is leaning a little. Didn't notice it until picture time, of course!)
We're installing a dimmer switch for it this week. I am seriously going to do that myself. I'm ready to move up from rewiring lamps. If you don't hear from me again, then you'll know I forgot to turn off the circuit breaker!
I'm linky partying with Frugalicious Friday at Finding Fabulous!
I hope you all are having a good week and staying warm. And as my niece says,
"Lemon out!" (we love 30 Rock)