Friday, April 9, 2010

Bookcase Rehab

I saw an article on MSN this morning and the headline read, "Is your backside on the flat side?" They should try going up & down a ladder all day patching holes & sanding..that'd do it!

On to the project, my mom bought two bookcases for my sister and has assigned them to me to "fix"... I have finished one of them & here it is...

Before:
It has holes in it already for cords/wires that will be nice for lamps.


After:
I painted it white and on the inside used Wythe Blue from Benjamin Moore, then finished with a charcoal glaze.
The shelves were decoupaged with vintage sheet music that were
inspired by this post by Miss Mustard Seed.


I love vintage sheet music..the text & color variations are so charming.

That island from last week sure came in handy. I had this project all over the house!


Here's a close-up of the glaze. I mixed it and that was trial & error.
I learned alot from this one!

So I can check this off my list...this weekend I'm painting the master bedroom. I have prepped the walls, picked out the paint & psyched myself up to finish in one day while my husband is at a karate tournament. Wish me luck!

I'm party linking to: Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday,
and Frugalicious Friday at Finding Fabulous, Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch & Make It For Monday at Cottage Instincts...follow the links to see what everyone has been working on!

16 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing what paint can do? Great job! I love the sheet music shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lines of those bookcases are beautiful! And I love the blue peeking out from the back. Just gorgeous!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Love the shape of this bookcase, the colors you used inside and out, and the sheet music on the shelves! What a great transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bookcase, the colors are so fun!I hopped over from The Two Savvy Sisters Blog and am so happy that I did. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week when you get a moment. I have become a follower and I hope you’ll do the same.
    Smiles,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with your new bookcase. Goodluck with painting your bedroom this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my fav revamps of the week. Hop on over to my blog to check out your feature! Be sure to grab my button and pin it on! You deserve it.
    Sarah
    http://thethriftress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great bookshelf...I love how you used sheet music to line the shelves! Thanks for sharing and for linkin' up to Frugalicious Friday!

    jane @ Finding Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sheet music shelves. Very cute! The color is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's the color I want to paint my guest room one of these days. (It's currently mustard with burgundy and green thrown in - a little heavy for my taste.) That is one gorgeous bookshelf, honey! Maybe I'll come steal it for my guest room instead of you giving it to your sister - the color I want AND music - it's like you made it FOR ME! :) haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sooooo cute!! great job, I love the lined shelves

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am peeking out of my turtle shell to thank you for all of your kindness and support. Be blessed dear one.

    Your bookcase is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice job - love the music sheets. Stopping by from BNOTP.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun creation. It seems I am always redesigning furniture so this post was obviously intriguing to me.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love this! The sheet music shelves really make it special. Would love to see it all staged!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colors - and the sheet music adds just the right touch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great job the color is great and the music sheets are such a nice touch. I love the bones of that bookcase. I am a new follower. If you get a chance I would love for you to peek at my blog www.thepolkadotcloset.blogspot.com

    Thank You Carol

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a comment? Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...