Sunday, May 23, 2010

I'll Fly Away

I love Sundays...I love them because it seems to be the day to press your reset button. For me, it's time to STOP and worship with friends. I have devotional time during the week but sometimes I'm thinking of all I need to get done for the day...not good, but I'm working on that. Today, we sang "I'll Fly Away" which is a hymn that reminds me of my grandmother, so singing it while standing next to my mom this morning was really nice.

Speaking of flying, this little birdie was too cute to look over and I knew a date with a paintbrush was all it needed.




Coat of cream acrylic and then a blue drybrushed on..

That's better.. I rubbed on a tinted wax & buffed for a bit of shine.

While I was at it, I had this cute little bunny that was a very dark green color. I painted her a pale pink & rubbed on the tinted wax.

And finally, our California countdown. We're going to visit my brother and all go to Disneyland, Universal Studios, San Diego Zoo and of course, the beach!!

I hope your weekend was restful. I know I'm ready for another week of TPS reports..

2 comments:

  1. Love this chalk board picture frame on this cutting block. I have one of these wooden paddle block???? things I found for a quarter and have been trying to figure out what to do with it. I have plenty of frames that could be glued to it. GREAT IDEA! THanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have never thought of the birdbath idea - you didn't add that the sisters thought you were a young 20 something and so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a comment? Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...