Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Latest Finds & Pink Room Facelift!

We had a fun July 4th and, of course, I didn't get half of what I thought I could get done..done.  Does that make sense?

We drove to my sister's in Alabama and on the way back stopped by this junky little store (usually the best places).  The guy had some cool pieces out front and he was OPEN (big plus!)  We couldn't stay long because we had 2 dogs in the car and they were over it already...but I did pick up this:

Two extremely large planters and an old fan.  I have a vision for my back yard that includes painting the outbuildings, large planters overflowing with flowers, my Ventura Blvd. sign on a tree, an arbor with swing, *deep breath* firepit patio, screened porch, lights in the trees and around the fence, etc., etc.   
BIG PLANS!  

Remember the garden sheds?


The fan works and has the perfect green patina.  

I also started revamping the Pink Room.  I've made some big changes, but still need to repaint it and talk Brian into the beadboard on the ceiling.  He once thought it was a great idea and now he has no memory of the conversation at all.  I think this is a case of selective memory.  I'll have to wear him down because beadboard on the ceiling would look FAB-U-LOUS!

 
Just a peek - I rearranged the room and sanded the dresser.  (The dresser that we got for FREE off the curb is mahogany.)  I had no desire to try & remove all the paint, so I just smoothed it out. I'm going to restore the top and paint the rest white (I think). I'm looking at Anthropologie & HL for knobs.  This is totally mid-process, so ignore everything on the walls...please. 

That's my news for the past week.  I can't wait to see how the dresser top looks stained & to get to work in that yard!  





P.S. We did clean out the garage and it was just as terrible as I thought it would be, but at least it's DONE!

3 comments:

Who doesn't love a comment? Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...