Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The beauty of black paint...

I was talking to my sister the other day about how I haven't been blogging much lately and she said it's hard to blog when you are doing projects all the time - totally true.  I've been working on this blasted bookcase for days now and I'm SOO over painting the grooves in beadboard!  Another sandtrap has been my paint choice. I've heard so many great things about Sherwin Williams paint, but I think it's kind of on the thin side compared to Benjamin Moore & Behr.  I've had to put 4 coats of paint on this bookcase PLUS a coat of primer to get the coverage it needs.  If I don't end up in a cast from all of this painting, then I'll count myself lucky!

So to break up the monotony of white & because I suffer from 'must have multiple projects going on at once all over the house-itis", I walked around with a BLACK can of paint.  Here's what I did..

Before:

*yawn*


After:

Black paint, new tassel & shade.  New look..love it!

I'm trying the zinc look on a mirror..cross your fingers it works!! 



TTFN,

1 comment:

Who doesn't love a comment? Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...