Thursday, April 7, 2011

Peacock Blue Lamp

My brother lives in California and while I deal with stray cats and squirrels here in Georgia, he has peacocks strolling around his neighborhood!  We visited him last summer and had a wonderful time (duh, it's California!) and I totally fell in love with those peacocks and their beautiful colors.

I was looking for an accent color to add to the den and thought a toned down version of the peacock blue would be perfect.  Here is a lamp that I painted and set up today...


I love the shape of this lamp.  I couldn't find a before picture of it but it's just a plain old brass lamp.  I know most of you guys are the same way but I don't pay any attention to the color, fabric or anything like that when I'm out on the hunt. I look for shape..if I like the shape, then I can work with it. 

The color is called Wipeout by Behr & I glazed it with jacobean stain.

So this blue will be the pop of color in my otherwise neutral den.

I'm keeping it short today!  We're working some more on our garden this evening and I finally decided to put some flowers out. It's officially feeling like spring to me!!

I'm linking to parties in the sidebar...click away!

Talk to you later -

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! I'm looking to get lamps for my bedside tables. I've never redone lamps before, I have to say I'm a lttle intimidated, but that's adorable. Good job! :)
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome lamp!....thanks for visiting my blog. i adore yours. natalie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, so much better, love the touch of lace. Thanks for linking up to Beyond The Picket Fence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- it looks so pretty! I love the color and the shade is perfect for it. Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a comment? Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...